Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Okay, I can tell by my Feedjit thing that more than 3 people check my blog but I won't be bitter if you won't "follow me."

I got my wish of hanging out with my husband on Sunday. He has been working so hard and such long days that I feel like I never see him. But he was home all day Sunday & we had a good day. Went to visit his grandparents, went to the park, went to the little gourmet/natural food grocery and he & Brady got some olives and chocolate for a snack.

I went to Athens Tech today to find out what I needed to get in for this upcoming quarter. Turns out they were lacking a transcript from one of the 4 colleges I have attended. Luckily I had received a copy from them this summer (boy is that a long and infuriating story- another post)and was able to give it to Athens Tech. So now to wait and see if I can start in 2 weeks or if I have to wait until January. And if i get to start now, then I have to figure out how to pay for it until financial aid kicks in. But at least I have a plan! I have 184 credits, $26,000 in student loans and no degree- APPALLING! But if I can just finish it will mean so much and at least the student loans will not be in vain.

I put 4 old Halloween costumes on Ebay. I have sold 2 and did quite well. I made back what they cost me originally. So basically last years costumes were free. Yay me! Brady is obsessed with being a firefighter for Halloween. Bowie will be a baby werewolf.

I made the most delicious mini pies yesterday. Got it from my new Everyday With Rachael Ray Magazine. I love that mag. I have had an annoyance with RR for a while but Justin bought me the magazine has a treat or hint, not sure. But I am hooked. Anyway,Justin and the kids loved it and I have to say so did I. The last one is calling me from the fridge right now. Here is the recipe:
Individual Chocolate Silk Pies

3 large egg yolks
6 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 ounces, semisweet chocolate finely chopped (I used unsweetened dark chocolate)
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 tbsp butter
Six 3 inch ready made graham cracker crusts
3/4 heavy whipping cream
1/4 tps ground cinnamon

whisk together egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch over med heat
Add milk slowly, whisking constantly, cook 2 minutes until slightly thickened
Add chocolate and butter, whisking until thick about 5 mins
Transfer to a medium bowl, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of custard and chill until room temp about 35 minutes.
Divide mixture among the crusts and refrigerate about 1 hour.
Using electric mixer whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form ( I added some powdered sugar and vanilla) and spread over pies
Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each


I never siad this was low fat, just really good and super easy. Like Paula Dean says, " I ain't your doctor!" I am going to make it agian this weekend but as one big pie in a regular crust because Justin's dad and other family are coming over.

2 comments:

KELLI MC said...

you are annoying me with the no blogging crap!

sweetb said...

I am on strike since no one reads it;)