Monday, August 18, 2008

Twilight

I just finished reading Twilight. Yes, I am 35 years old and I read Twilight. And I loved it! It immediately draws you in and I couldn't stop. It is 498 pages, I read it in less than 24 hours. I have always loved vampire stories. Lost Boys in middle school, Anne Rice in high school, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and embarrassingly enough I loved the Angel series too. This does not disappoint. Sure it revolves around a high school girls first love but who can't relate to that. Although, I don't believe any of my boyfriends were vampires. Well...maybe...just kidding.


We had a really good weekend. The boys and I went & picked pears on Saturday morning. That afternoon I canned pears and began making some pear butter. Kelli & the kids came to spend the night on Saturday night. Keelin and Brady were 2 peas in a pod as usual and the Kinsey and Bowie are the new peas in their own pod. They played so well together for being babies. And they kept kissing each other. So cute! Kelli, Justin & I played Farkle- I won. Sunday morning Justin made biscuits, eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and I made sausage gravy. His biscuits are so good. We ate them with the new pear butter that I made. It is soooo yummy. Then Sunday afternoon we went to the hospital to see Cristen, Justin's cousin, who had just had her baby. Didn't get to see the baby. He was a little early and had to be in the NICU. He will be fine. He is a big baby, 8 lbs 9 oz. Then Sunday evening we met some friends of Justin's from high school at the park for a hot dog dinner. He reconnected with them through Facebook. I am so addicted- that is another post entirely. That was nice & their kids and ours played well together. But the highlight of Brady's weekend was getting to go fishing for catfish with Daddy and Uncle Theron. They did not get home until midnight.








3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you liked it. My poor kids had to fend for themselves when I read it (and put up with cranky mommy the next day cuz I'd stayed up all night reading!) But, I decided I deserved it and they would just have to forgive me. And again and again and again cuz all the books are just that good! Happy reading!

KELLI MC said...

I know, give me some twilight. I am not ashamed. I LOVE it. I have also read vampire series all my life but this one is the best. The best best best. I cant wait to get a bella edward sweatshirt so I can wear to school and all the teenage poopheads can make fun of the 30 year old mom who is a giant dork! am i really 30? Really? I seriously dont feel like i am 30. more like 26. and yes Kinsey and Bowie were so awesome together minus kins' anger amnagement issue(shawn) hahahaaaaaa oh and by the way speaking of twilight check your myspace

Erin said...

Kelli, you will be 31 in just a few weeks. So, If you guys are dorks than I am, too! I am truly obsessed with Twilight and I love it! I really can't wait for the movie. I am halfway through with the thirf book and I am getting sad because once I read the fourth it will be over.