Monday, August 11, 2008

Like Shannon said, "I am here, now what?"

Okay, after much prodding from my sisters I have created my blog. I don't really have a whole lot going on right now but here I am.

Like the title of my blog says, I have a beautiful life. My children and husband are healthy, I have a wonderful family, we have a home, food to eat, clothes to wear, a car to drive, work to do (most of the time) the list goes on and on.

This week I have set a goal for myself to go to the gym at least 5 days. I went today so I am on the right path. I joined the gym in February and it has been the best thing for me. I could leave the kids in childcare and begin to transform my body at the same time. It is amazing what a little work in the gym can do.For a while I was addicted- HAD TO GO! Not so much anymore. With the lack of routine the summer brings and everyone in my family alternating being sick I have gotten out of the habit. I have maintained a 2-3 day a week exercise schedule so jumping back in to 5-6 days won't be a stretch.

I know this is going to be a good week for everyone I know. We need it & deserve it. Kelli's husband Shawn went to the doctor today and got some good news that he does have Bell's Palsy and not something worse. Kinsey's rash is going away. Amanda's (my sister in law)husband seems to be recovering from the virus that enlarged his heart. Justin's aunt should be getting better and the other aunt should be recovering from her surgery. My boys are over their virus-funk. Justin has work to carry him through the next month.

I am also planning to can a bunch this week. Kelli & Erin think I have lost my mind and Danna (my mother in law) says I am transforming into her 80 year old mother. I have canning fever! I have canned strawberry jam (that is what started the maddness), pickles, sweet pickles, fig preserves, peach fig jam, raspberry fig jam, tomato basil jam (my favorite), pepper jelly, pickled peppers, squash relish, piclke relish,salsa, tomatoes, pepper sauce. I am going to make more pepper jelly, tomato basil jam, tomatoes and corn cob jelly. Sounds crazy but they say it tastes like honey. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am so excited you entered the "Blog World"! You are canning crazy, but I hope to benifit from it. Spme pepper jelly, please!