Friday, August 22, 2008

One of Those Days

I woke up cranky so I think I had the law of attraction working against me today. I woke up thinking," I can't do this again today, I need a change." Not anything drastic of course. My life is beautiful, my children are beautiful. But some days, and they aren't that often, I just can't wash another dish or do another load of laundry or try to entertain or teach anybody anything . That was today. The kind of change I mean is to have a day to hang out & relax with Justin, pay bills without breaking into a cold sweat, a vacation.You know what I mean.

Then I began to go through bills. You can guess how that went. Then I got the mail. Again, not so good. So I went in the bathroom, turned the fan on, locked the door, called my sister and wailed. Sobbed. Then both of the boys were banging on the bathroom door and crying.I opened the door to tell them to give me a minute and when I shut the door (hard)I slammed poor Brady's pinky in the door. I have never felt so sick. He was screaming and I just held him so hard and sobbed some more. Once he calmed down, I couldn't, he kept telling me to take a breath. That's what I tell him when he is worked up. I just felt so bad. At first, I thought it might be broken. But we went to Monkey Joe's and he forgot all about it and had a great time. Tonight I was telling Justin about Brady's finger, I said, "And like a bad Mommy I slammed your finger in the door." Brady said,"Mommy I told you it was okay." He is such a sweet, sweet boy.

Having a fun afternoon with him and Bowie made me forget my crankiness and made me glad that I get to be with them everyday. A lot of mom's don't get the privilege to be with there children everyday. I hope that I can until they are in school.

Silly mommy.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

ugh...there's nothing worse than accidentally hurting your kids. I especially hate when you are upset with them and yelling and then you accidentally hurt them and have to switch to the sympathy mode when you are worked up in the mad-at-you mode and didn't get to make your point. Hope that's not just me... :)