Thursday, November 6, 2008

Freecycle

I haven't blogged about this yet but it is something that I am addicted to- Freecycle. If you go to www.freecycle.net you can find a group near you. Basically, you can post items for people to pick up that you no longer want. For Free. And you can pick stuff up that people don't want- for free. I have gotten pears, apples & chestnuts from one lady. And she & I have become email friends and send recipes, etc back & forth. This week I got 3 2700 yd skeins of crochet thread new in the package and gave away lily & daffodil bulbs. Tomorrow I am going to pick up 3 bundles of Christmas garland new in the package. I have picked up a lot of crap on here too. But you take the good with the bad. The bad stuff I just recycled or donated. A lot of times it will be whole box of miscellaneous stuff and you take the whole box and then post the rest on freecycle. I love the idea of "one man's trash is another man's treasure." And somethimes people post stuff that I would consider trash, like a half used bottle of cat shampoo, but believe it or not, people pick the stuff up. When you sign up for your freecycle group you can find the "sister" group where people sell stuff they don't want. Like a virtual yard sale. My friend Carry got like new training roller skates for her kids for $2 a pair. I have since bought a pair from her. I got a webcam for an awesome price (not going to say how much because it is a Xmas present for some one who reads my blog- ansd she knows who she is).

1 comment:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

OOOhhhhh...that is cool! Never heard of it, but going to check it out. I went garage saleing a few weeks ago..hadn't been in so long. Found some little treasures for scrapbooking in a FREE box! I was so excited, you would have thought I won the lottery!!!

In response to the blog/internet...we definitely get to be close now...I love it as well, I love seeing all your family, it's like your right here in KS! I remember when we were much younger and how excited I would be knowing you guys were coming and that we would get to see you, even if only for an evening. Aunt Vonell was always so good to keep us up to date on everyone! Have a good weekend and thanks for the tip on Freecycle...got to check it out!!