Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feeling Crafty

I haven't posted in a while, I am not sure why. I keep looking at everyone else's but can't get inspired.

Anyway, last weekend was Keelin's 7th birthday party. She had an American Girl Hotel Sleepover. Brady was so excited about it for days before. He kept asking me, "When is the hotel sleepover?" Everyday, several times a day. They had such a great time and I did too. The American Girl store is so amazing. If I didn't know better I would want one, even though I am really too old. A lot too old. My birthday was on Thursday last week so I had a cake too and presents. And my sisters & mom gave me a great present- they put 32 candles on my cake instead of 36.

I made a scarf for Keelin's birthday present. Only it didn't end being a scarf, it is a neck warmer or collar or shawl or something. I am new to knitting (not that new but it does not come naturally), some how I started with 15 stitches across and some where alonf the line I began wondering why the stitches wouldn't fit on my needle anymore. So I counted- 32. Some how I more than doubled my stitches. After going to knit at Main Street Yarns in Watkinsville the other night and talking with the ladies there, they said that is a very common new knitter mistake. So I sewed a button it and luckily I had drooed a stitch early on that made a perfect buttonhole and it became a really cute shawlette. I need to get Kelli to take a picture of it, I forgot to. So I just finished a dishcloth that was supposed to have the outline on Georgia on it (I was thinking of gifts for my KS relatives). You can kind of see GA but it is not so great. So I think I will use it here.

I think I would like to have a Christmas Craft Day here at my house and see if anyone wants to come. I thought we could make some ornaments, maybe a gift or two and have the kids make wrapping paper from newspaper. If anyone has any suggestions on crafts or wants to come let me know. I found a couple of cute crafts in All You magazine & Parents magazine. I am also wanting to rework my wreaths. I think I want to flock the one for the front door. It never snows here and I really love snow and my favorite Christmas song is Let It Snow. I would love to do a bright pink bow on that one but think it might be weird since I have no other pink Xmas decorations.

My friend Scott is working in Dubai & Qatar for the next few months. He really loves to decorate for Xmas, he goes all out. I think he usually puts up 5 trees and like 12wreaths. He has mentioned to me that he won't have a tree this year and he seems a little sad. I want to either make him a little tree with ornaments or if any one has seen a tiny one that can me mailed let me know. Any suggestions on making one?

I am feeling crafty and getting myself in the mood for Christmas.

1 comment:

KELLI MC said...

one year I got a tiny tree for Keelin and it was like maybe the size of a personal coke bottle. I think i got it at michaels or someplace like that